CARNEGIE UNIFORM POLICY
Student uniform items can be purchased from any vendor as long as they meet specific requirements. Many stores feature uniform sections in their catalogs and stores. Parents are encouraged to shop where they choose. Carnegie plaid selected from C & J’s Uniforms.
- Dark Green refers to colors such as: Hunter, Jade, Forest and Evergreen, not Sage, Olive, Moss, Kelly or Lime Green.
- Approved Carnegie uniform bottoms may be worn with Boy/Girl Scouts, Brownies or Daisies uniform vests or shirts on designated meeting days.
- Carnegie “spirit” tees may be worn every FRIDAY and on designated days or Special Events such as: End-of-Month Assemblies Jog-a-Thon, Field Day, etc. with approved Carnegie uniform bottoms.
- Corduroy Material does not meet Carnegie Dress Code Requirements.
- Jeans: May be worn on Early Release Fridays. Blue Denim, no cargo, no holes, no jeggings (tight fitting stretch pants styled to resemble a pair of denim jeans), must be hemmed, no overalls, and no jumpers.
TOPS – Boys and Girls
SHIRTS – Polos style, White, Dark Green, Navy, or Heather Grey solid color, no logo, pique, knit shirt, two or three buttons, short or long sleeve.
TURTLE / MOCK NECKS – White, Dark Green, Navy, or Heather Grey solid color, no logo.
SWEATER – White, Dark Green, Navy, or Heather Grey solid color, no logo sweater vest, cardigan, or v-neck.
SWEATSHIRTS – Carnegie Sweatshirt or White, Dark Green, Navy, or Heather Grey solid color, (no logo).
BOTTOMS – Boys and Girls
PANTS - Khaki pleated or flat front, straight-legged pants. Must be hemmed and appropriately fitted. Sagging or baggy pants are prohibited.
SHORTS - Khaki pleated or flat front walking shorts. Must be fingertip length.
BOTTOMS – Girls
CAPRI PANTS - Khaki pleated or flat front, straight-legged pants. Must be hemmed and appropriately fitted. Sagging or baggy pants are prohibited.
SKIRTS / SKORTS/ JUMPERS – Khaki or Carnegie plaid (from C & J’s Uniforms) straight, kick-pleat or box-pleated. Must be fingertip length.
Polo Dresses - Dark green, navy blue or heather gray.
Solid black, brown or tan belts without decoration are acceptable. Belts need to be threaded through belt loops, not worn as an accessory.
Solid white, black, brown, tan, khaki, grey or dark green crew or ankle socks; white, dark green, navy or grey knee socks;
White, dark green, navy or grey tights or leggings. Girls may wear capri or full-lenght leggings under skirts only.
Safe shoes - No open toes, open heels, sandals or Flip Flops. Footwear with a solid backing or strap over the heel may be worn.
Jewelry, make-up and hair must follow general safety, modesty, and decency guidelines and not be a distraction in class.
Not Uniform Options:
- Denim shorts/Cargo Shorts
- Denim Pants
- Sleeveless shirts
- Athletic Pants/shorts or Sportswear pants/shorts.
If you need financial assistance with uniforms please call the Carnegie Counselor at: